Sharing Safe Pharmacy Knowledge
#BuySafely Education Kit
Help spread the word about the importance of buying prescription medication from legitimate, accredited pharmacies and pharmacy websites. Check out these resources to learn more about how to #BuySafely: social media posts, video assets, flyers, presentation, and newsletter article.
Social Media Posts and Assets
Buy Safely Online
Arm yourself and others with knowledge on how to buy medication safely online and spotting risky online pharmacies and social media ads. Download our social media kits for graphics and captions that you can use.
Share our YouTube Video
It is essential to stay informed about safe ways to buy medication. Buying prescription medicine online or through social media may seem to cost less, but it can put you, or your loved ones, at risk. Make sure a website is reputable to safely order prescription drugs and medicine online.
Verify Before You Buy
Share these videos on your social media stories.
Share these flyers with others to learn how to use NABP’s Safe Site Search Tool when buying medication online. Plus, find ways to help spot a legitimate website. Before you buy, read how you can verify.
- Full Page Flyer (English)
- Full Page Flyer (Spanish)
- Half Page Flyer (English)
- Half Page Flyer (Spanish)
This short PowerPoint presentation explains the risks of buying medicine online and the resources that NABP offers to help do it safely. Show it to colleagues and others to help raise awareness in your community.
Buying Medicine Online Can Be Risky, But NABP Helps You Do It Safely
Buying medicine online is so easy, right? You just browse, click, and it’s delivered to your door. The truth is not so simple.
Of the websites reviewed by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP), nearly 95% of them operate illegally. Some may pose risks, such as
- selling products that contain fillers like rat poison, dry wall, or even deadly fentanyl,
- providing bogus medication that fails to treat your medical condition, or
- stealing personal information and exposing you to fraud and identity theft.
But the good news is that you can protect yourself and your loved ones from these online predators. Empower yourself with information from safe.pharmacy, a website from NABP that provides medication-safety resources to patients.
The website features a Safe Site Search Tool that instantly reveals whether a website is safe or Not Recommended. Safe websites that have been accredited through NABP’s Healthcare Merchant Accreditation program will display as “Verified.” Sites that operate out of compliance with NABP patient safety and pharmacy practice standards, or applicable law, will display as “Not Recommended.”
Safe.pharmacy is also packed with tips on:
- Spotting the signs of a rogue website:
- Safe sites will always hold proper licensure and require a valid prescription.
- How your pharmacist can share tips for getting the most out of your medications:
- They can evaluate your medication list for possible interactions.
- Where to properly dispose of unused medications:
- Many communities have year-round disposal boxes.
Plus, the website explains the dangers facing young adults on social media, who are often the target of ads for falsified, fentanyl-laced pills.
Buying medicine online can be easy AND safe, as long as it’s done right. Safe.pharmacy gives families the tools they need to protect themselves. Because medicine should heal, not harm.